How to achieve a seamless transition from an in-house terminal operating system (TOS).
Running ports is a tough, competitive business, made tougher by globalized trade putting enormous pressure on ports to remain competitive by operating at maximum efficiency while fitting neatly into a seamless supply chain.
There is also huge opportunity, to provide a more flexible, customized service than the mega–ports by moving faster and smarter. For growing and ambitious ports, challenging their bigger competitors often requires investment in new information technology like a terminal operating system (TOS), but the potential risks of moving away from established systems can be a barrier. What are these perceived risks and how can they be addressed?
Download this white paper to learn more about:
- The barriers to migrating from an in-house TOS
- Potential efficiency gains in migrating to an industry-standard TOS
- The importance of scoping your processes at the beginning of your project
- Why having the right people on the job determines success
- Mitigating the risks of upgrading core information systems